It’s been ‘crazy time’ here in Ohio. Hopefully that will all shake out by the end of the week but, frankly, it doesn’t look promising. Here’s just a quick rundown of what’s going on:
- A family member was hospitalized last night. Your prayers and good thoughts are appreciated. Hopefully it turns out to be nothing much but, at this point, we just don’t know.
- It’s ‘tax day’ at work today. It will be nuts, I’m sure.
- My newest book, the lesfic romantic novella ‘Broken Women‘ is set for release in eBook form at Amazon for Kindle and Kindle Unlimited late this week with the paperback, unfortunately, to follow in another few days to a week after that. I’m hoping it drops on Friday at the latest. For those of you who were promised advance copies (eBook or paperback) in exchange for an honest review, you’re still going to get your copies but they won’t be before the eBook hits the virtual shelves. I apologize but there was a glitch that’s a little out of my control…well, more than a little.
- The Kickstarter campaign cranks on for just over another two weeks for the building fund for the haunted house my wife and I own and operate. Frankly, though I’ve been talking myself hoarse, and begging and pleading everywhere, it’s struggling for support and, without a major infusion of new pledges online we’re not going to hit our goal and we’ll get none of the money that has been pledged. We live in an area where people don’t trust the internet and where, in fact, many people don’t even have a debit card (let alone a credit card). People still write checks – lots of checks – out here, all the time. As a result, we’ve had lots of locals come up and hand us money but, we add it to the pledge of one of our donors and so it looks like we only have 17 donors or so after two full weeks of begging for pledges. If you can help in any small way – every dollar counts, every share of a post counts – we’d really appreciate it. Click here, please.
- If you’re interested in working on the cover for the future Morelville Mystery, ‘Hannah’s Hope‘ and you haven’t already contacted me, please do. The story involves Mel and Dana (of course), two ex-Amish women and one that isn’t and an infant. Oh, and murder.
P.S. The little one in all black in the photo is my mom. She’s 4’10” on a good day. ‘Buzz’ the clown standing beside her is 6’6″ on a bad day!